Saturday, March 18, 2006

"Bart, You're No Longer In Sunday School. No More Swearing."

So I crashed around 7.30 last night for no reason I can decipher. Well, I mean, except for being tired. I ended up sleeping until about 8.30 this morning, at which point I got out of bed and went to run some errands. Got the oil changed (which ended up costing way more than I expected because I had to get a bunch of other stuff taken care of at the same time), hit Best Buy (ah, the second season of The Simpsons possesses my soul as I possess it), went to the bank, and put gas in the car. I spent most of the afternoon playing guitar and watching The Simpsons, a rather pleasant way of spending one's afternoon if I do say so myself.

While at the bank, I overheard one of those conversations that makes me fear for the human race. The woman at the window next to me was arguing with the teller about whether or not she could withdraw money from her checking account (which didn't actually have money in it...or enough money, at any rate). She was depositing a check at the same time, but since it hadn't cleared yet, she didn't have enough in the account. The teller offered to withdraw it from savings instead, but she wasn't going for it. She kept insisting that she'd been able to do this before and that she really needed that $40 (though I think that if she really needed it, she'd have just withdrawn it from savings). They kept going back and forth like this for a good five minutes, neither really hearing what the other was saying. The teller who was serving me kinda smiled at me and tried her hardest to keep from laughing, same as me. It really worries me that there are people out there who don't know how to hold a conversation (that is, they can't listen to what someone else is saying and then respond to it).

Yeah, that's about it. Go do something constructive.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Green Day, "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)"

2 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

And it didn't occur to any of them to use the "Less Cash Received" spot on the deposit slip?


Morons.

Anonymous said...

"It really worries me that there are people out there who don't know how to hold a conversation (that is, they can't listen to what someone else is saying and then respond to it)."

You survived grad school and you're not already inured to this????????

;)