Monday, March 13, 2006

"You Know I Just Can't Jump It"

So I found out today at work that Ms. Hughs, the woman who was the history teacher at my school before leaving to have a podling, won't be coming back this school year. That leaves us with the question of what we're gonna do to cover the history classes for the rest of the school year. We've actually lined up a meeting for next Monday to discuss that, and I've got a couple of ideas that I rather like (most of which involve me switching to doing just history all day, every day. I like the idea, let me tell ya, and it really works out since the English teacher who's been on maternity leave will be returning at some point in the near future, even if just for half a day every day). There's always the possibility that things won't work as I want them to, or that I'll get reduced to part time (which would suck. I'd probably just quit if that were the case. I can't survive on part time), but we'll worry about burning those bridges as we cross them.

It's been ridiculously warm the past few days, so much so that even with a fan going and the window open I've been sweating while I sleep. Which is frustrating, in large part because I keep waking up because I'm too damn hot. I'd turn on the air conditioning except that (1) Wendy would probably kill me and (2) it's supposed to only be in the 50s tomorrow and the next day. Maybe we'll have some cooler weather for a bit longer, 'cause I'm not ready to jump into the 80 degree days just yet.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan, "Absolutely Sweet Marie"

No comments: