Monday, March 13, 2006

"House Got Too Crowded"

I've been playing a lot of Bruce Springsteen lately. I figured out how to play two of his songs in the past few days: "Maria's Bed," from the excellent Devils + Dust, and "Lucky Town," originally from the album of the same name (though I heard it first on The Essential Bruce Springsteen). I'm particularly proud of getting "Lucky Town," as I had to piece it together myself from two or three different tabs and my own imagination (but it sounds good when I play it, it sounds close enough to right, so that's all I care about).

I've noticed something odd when I play the Martin lately, though: the high E string has been buzzing and twanging. It's tuned correctly, and it seems to be resting on the bridge in the right way. I have no idea why it's doing this, but it's kind of annoying. I'll have to talk with Clif, Dad, or Uncle Gert about it and see if any of them know what could be causing it. It could just be time for new strings, though they still sound decent enough. I dunno.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bruce Springsteen, "Lucky Town"

No comments: