Sunday, April 02, 2006

"I Try To Get By On Wine And Poetry"

Had a really good weekend. Like a phenomenally good weekend, especially considering I was expecting part of it to be kinda miserable.

This turn of fortunes is due in no small part to Michelle agreeing to have anything to do with me again. That totally made the weekend. The good food and good wine we had at Cris's was a plus, too.

I spent most of today running around looking at guitars. I'm trying to find myself either a good 12 string (thinking Fender or--God please--Martin, though the Ovation 12 string I played today sounded damn good) or a nice electric (found a hollow body--it looks like an Epiphone--on Craigslist. I emailed the person but haven't heard back yet. Someone else may have already snatched it). This is by no means an indication of displeasure or a lack of interest in my 6 string, mind you. No, the Martin holds a special place in my heart. It deserves every bit of the definite article.

I also spent a tremendous amount of time this weekend listening to the Tom Petty box set, and that is always a good thing. Might be why I spent more time looking at 12 strings than electrics at Guitar Center, too; but that's neither here nor there.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, "Rebel"

No comments: