Sunday, April 09, 2006

"In These Small Dark Movies"

The wedding went off beauitfully, aside from the rain. It rained the whole bloody day, which I guess is lucky. I dunno. Regardless, we still had a nice ceremony filled with Wendy and Tim trying not to cry, the bridesmaids trying not to cry, and half the audience trying not to cry (apparently Wendy managed to make it through the whole ceremony by staring at the single hair the stylist forgot to cut on Tim's head. I guess it stuck out considerably). I got to spend most of the day running around like the proverbial chicken sans head coordinating between everyone, making sure musicians got paid, and getting the bride, groom, and pastor back to the airport for their respective flights (theirs to Venice, his to Oklahoma).

I spent most of yesterday afternoon and last night asleep, in large part because I didn't have time to get much sleep Friday night. I got home from the airport around 3.30 or so, and I was out by 4.00. I woke up once around 5.00, when my grandparents called, and then again at 10.00 when Michelle called. I stayed awake for a few hours at that point, then crashed again around 3.00. Sleep felt so very, very good. I ought to make a habit out of it.

My grandparents will be here sometime late this afternoon (at least, I hope it's late this afternoon...I don't think I'll be ready for them to get here in the early afternoon. My room is still a mess). We're gonna kick around the area over the next few days and pretend to be tourists. Oughta be fun. If anyone can think of someplace interesting in DC to take them, please feel free to make a recommendation.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Beck, "Pay No Mind"

No comments: