Friday, April 14, 2006

"What's Wrong With This Picture?"

We were supposed to have a cleaning lady come and give the apartment a thorough cleaning yesterday afternoon. Well, I spent all afternoon here in the apartment, Wendy's cellphone sitting right next to me so I could answer if someone called on the call box (which is connected to her phone), and no one called. At all. No cleaning lady.

I was rather pissed. Not because the apartment didn't get cleaned--I can do that myself, if it comes down to it--but that this woman made a business committment to come clean our apartment, and she didn't keep it. Didn't call to say she couldn't make it, either. That's just rude, if you ask me.

Anyway, I've been sitting here all day today, too, waiting for her to maybe come by and make up for missing yesterday. At this point, though, I'm not convinced that's gonna happen.

Saw V for Vendetta last night with Michelle. Actually quite good, I thought. More comic book movies should be like that one and Batman Begins (and even the the Spider-Man and X-Men flicks), though Natalie Portman's English accent could be the death of us all.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Van Morrison, "Whinin' Boy Moan"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like how it came in and out, sort of like the tide.

Michelle