Monday, April 17, 2006

Italian Leather Sketchbook

So Wendy and Tim made it back from Italy in one piece (well, two pieces. One each. They're both still whole). They had a good time, despite Tim getting sick while they were there (he's actually still sick. He had to sleep on the couch last night because he didn't want his coughing to wake Wendy up. Which kinda made me laugh a bit, really: just now back from their honeymoon, and already he's sleeping on the couch). They brought me back this beautiful little leather-bound sketchbook that's about the size of my hand, made of genuine Italian leather and all that jazz. It's freakin' sweet.

The return to school after a week of not working wasn't as bad as I feared. The students were pretty well-behaved for the most part, participating in class in a positive and appropriate manner, respecting each other and the teachers...basically they were still kinda wiped out from the break and weren't really up for being ornery.

I also now have a planning period, which is something of a novelty. I had one for a few weeks back in like October, but then it was taken from me and I was shoved into another class. I can actually do some of my lesson planning at school now instead of at home! This is truly a revolutionary idea.

I have a ticket to see They Might Be Giants in a couple of weeks. Michelle called me while my grandparents were visiting last week and told me TMBG was coming to town and that tickets were only $25. I totally jumped on that, so we've got tickets to see them next week. It's been almost a year since I went to a concert, so I'm ready for some live music (and with Glen Phillips hitting next month, and Toad the Wet Sprocket not too long after--and yes, it features Phillips again, I know--and Tom Petty not too long after that...well, it's shaping up to be a good summer for concerts).

I got a Traveling Wilburys collection in the mail today that I'd ordered off eBay late last week. It's got both of their albums, a slew of bonus tracks, and a DVD full of videos and assorted goodies. I'm as giddy as the proverbial school girl.

Yeah, I went there.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Traveling Wilburys, "Last Night"

3 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

Chuck was never giddy. Not even when he WAS a schoolgirl.

Anonymous said...

Nice "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" reference there. :-p

-Dav-

Noise Monkey said...

I was more proud of the fact that I got to call him a girl.