Friday, September 09, 2005

"Where I Happened To Be Employed"

So. Interview this morning? Turned into a job offer this afternoon. Which, in turn, turned into me starting a full-time job on Monday.

Yes, everything is coming together, just as I'd planned. Soon...very soon...the world will tremble, as though Atlas himself shrugged and the very roots of the earth shook. Or something. It's entirely possible that I've become drunk with power from a teaching assistant job.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan, "Simple Twist of Fate"

5 comments:

Ali said...

i hate spammers.... and my vote is your drunk on power.... but I still love ya!! :)

Chuck Cottrell said...

As do I...hence the fact that it's been removed.

There was one in my Dim Bulb rantspace today, too...I think they're trying to gang up on me. I'll have to use my powers of awesomeness to drive them away.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job!

I agree with Ali. You need power like you need another hole in your head. ;O)

Noise Monkey said...

Step 1: Get a job....Complete
Step 2: Get a woman...

Also...what is it with the spammers lately, anyway? Starting to get on my nerves.

Chuck Cottrell said...

Yes, Monkey. And Step 3: Try to TAKE OVER THE WORLD! *cue "Pinky and the Brain" music*

The spammers are starting to get on my nerves. I wonder if there's a way to report them to Blogger or something. Maybe stick bamboo shoots under their fingernails or something.