Sunday, September 04, 2005

"Them's Got Ears, Let Them Hear"

Tim finally got around to proposing to Wendy tonight. Which is good, 'cause if he hadn't taken care of that this weekend, we were gonna have to do something drastic. As it stood, a lot of people were taking odds on whether he'd beat the Second Coming. Let's just say that they wouldn't have taken those odds even in Vegas. In fact, my response when they came back from their walk (during which he popped the proverbial Question) was "about f***ing time!"

But seriously, I am extremely happy for them and offer my heartiest congratulations to the both of them. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving couple.

Tomorrow looks like it will involve church, a trip to Tim's folks' place for hamburgers and such, and even getting my car washed (finally!). I'm also probably going to bite the bullet and fill up the car with gas. While we were wandering around Fairfax this afternoon after I got off work (we walked to Borders and Guitar Center and stuff like that), we noticed a lot of the gas pumps in town were covered up...they're running out of gas. It's crazy. We're hoping it hasn't hit Manassas yet, 'cause while I currently have an almost full tank, that won't be the case after tomorrow, and I've got some more driving to do on Wednesday to go tutor.

On the positive side, a conversation with my mother and grandmother yielded an interesting result: they're going to send me money to buy a new bike. See, I'd originally called mom to see what it would cost to have my bike shipped to me from Shawnee. Mom called my grandmother to find out much it had cost to ship my uncle's workout machine to him earlier this year so we could get a comparison price. When my grandmother found out why mom was asking about that, my grandmother just said that she'd send me some money to get a new one. I'm very appreciative of this, seeing as how she only bought me the first bike back in December and I haven't been able to ride it since mid-July. But so it goes. I'm going to spend Tuesday bike hunting, and hopefully I'll have that to ride to work at Huntington by the end of the week. That'd save some nice gas in the long run, honestly.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Billy Bragg and Wilco, "Feed of Man"

No comments: