Monday, September 05, 2005

Paul McCartney - "Fine Line"

It's a single. One song off of Macca's upcoming album, Chaos and Creation in the Backyard.

And it sounds exactly like a McCartney song ought to: great hook, slightly-sugary vocals and lyrics, and precise musicianship. It's a well-crafted pop song from the guy who must toss off perfect pop songs in his sleep. It's fun, you can't help tapping your toes to it, and I now have a lot of faith in the album proper when it comes out next week (I mean, after the bizarre arch-artiness of Driving Rain and its often-puriel lyrics, could you blame me for being leary?). Best yet, the fifty cent single came with a coupon for six dollars off on the album itself. And a six dollar discount on an album I'd have probably been willing to purchase at full price anyway? That's worth it. Totally worth it.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Paul McCartney, "Fine Line"

2 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

You didn't claim once that the title had anything to do with you. I'm disappointed. Where's delusion when you need it?

Chuck Cottrell said...

I'm saving that for when the album proper comes out next week.