Wednesday, September 14, 2005

"When I've Forgotten All The Rest"

Tutoring went well tonight. It occurred to me as I was leaving the kid's house that I just love telling people stuff they didn't know before (and probably didn't want to know, but that's hardly the point). Whether or not this makes me well-suited to teaching remains to be seen, of course, but I think I've got a future in education. Or my own afternoon talkshow like Dr. Phil. I'm kinda hoping it's the former, though, 'cause really, Dr. Phil? That'd just be wrong.

I actually managed to buy gas for less than three dollars a gallon this afternoon for the first time in three weeks. Granted, I paid $2.99, but that's still less than $3.00. I also found a bike this evening, so I've got that taken care of finally. Now, if I just had the time to ride it...

The new McCartney CD is fantastic. I'm already working on a review for it in my head, and I'll probably see about posting that sometime tomorrow or Friday (probably Friday, since I really need to try to draw a comic tomorrow evening so I can post one for Friday. I mean, missing one day is bad enough, but two? There's just no excuse).

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Paul McCartney, "Jenny Wren"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My students have told me they are always fascinated waiting to see what new thing I will teach them that seems to have nothing whatsoever to do with the bare essentials of freshman composition -- and to see how I somehow find a way to connect it into English/communication anyway. Huzzah and hurrah! *G*