Thursday, September 08, 2005

"The Devil's Been Busy In Your Backyard"

I don't care what your political leanings are, this ought to depress and infuriate you. Honestly, I'm not just being a tree-hugger here. If we don't take care of our environment, if we don't cut back on harmful emissions and preserve what we've got, this planet won't last through the rest of my lifetime. We're destroying it very quickly, and the current administration just keeps making it easier and easier.

But hey, at least companies like Haliburton are getting theirs, right? I mean, I'd hate for them not to get exclusive deals and all sorts of benefits and such from the raping of our world.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan, "Forever Young (Reprise)"

1 comment:

Noise Monkey said...

I've heard it said that you "can't rape the willing," and that seems to be the case. It's pretty much prime time for getting oil out of anything we can because people are willing to allow it so that we can get gas back to (or below) the $2 mark.

Sad, but true. Then again, I'm all for alternative fuel sources. I just can't afford a car that runs on one.