Friday, September 30, 2005

"Dreams Die Hard And We Watch Them Erode"

Today is that most mythic and auspicious of days: Payday. It deserves the capitolization, especially when you haven't seen a Payday in about two months. That's a long time to go without picking up a paycheck. So, to make up for it, I'm getting two today. Not too shabby, really.

Today is also the release day for Serenity, the Firefly movie. Everyone who knows anything about me knows I have been anticipating this movie with a fervor and passion I don't usually have for the visual media. No, this is something akin to the enthusiasm I usually reserve strictly for music. All reports indicate my enthusiasm is not misplaced.

The only question is whether or not I'll be able to see it tonight. I mean, I'm at Accotink until at least 3.00, then I have to go open a bank account, then I have to go tutor at Huntington until 7.00. I'll probably want to eat somewhere in there. Maybe the 9.00/9.30 showing (or whatever the time may be). Of course, this is all also assuming I can find a theatre in the area showing the flick. But that shouldn't be too hard, I don't think.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Son Volt, "Afterglow61"

1 comment:

Noise Monkey said...

they don't have midnight showings in virginia?