Tuesday, September 20, 2005

"Last Night I Had An Awful Dream"

My second week of school has been interesting to say the least. I've spent most of the past two days filling in for the English teacher, who was on a fieldtrip yesterday and out sick today. The history teacher did mention that she could tell a difference between having me (or the other assistant, Sarah) in the room and not having one of us there. But hey, we needed two of us to manage the English classes. Some of them get quite out of hand.

It's been a great learning experience, though. I've had to sort of make up the lessons on the fly as I go; the teacher left us some lesson plans, but we still have to figure out how to best impliment those. So it's good practice for having my own class and all.

Went on a bike ride with Wen this evening. She was surprised that I was able to ride better than she. Of course, I reminded her that I'd been riding a bike to work and back every day for the past year or so (when I was in Norman), so of course I had a little more practice.

Got a passle of CDs in the mail from the folks yesterday: The Beatles' With the Beatles, the first disc of Bob Dylan's Bootleg Series Volume 7, and a CD from my father's cousin's band, Alternate Route, called Bait Shop Beauty (they're a Texas band; that should tell you everything you need to know). More are forthcoming: the new Clapton, the second Dylan disc, more Beatles, George Harrison's All Things Must Pass, and a couple of my uncle's band's CDs. Honestly, I really should have gone through dad's collection and copied all the stuff I wanted before I left for VA.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: They Might be Giants, "Meet James Ensor"

No comments: