Saturday, June 19, 2004

"When I Paint My Masterpiece"

Y'know, the more I think about it, the more I really want to be a professional writer or cartoonist. I'd love to make a living telling stories, whether in short story, novel, or comic format. I really am just a storyteller at heart. That's part of why I love history so much--there are so many stories in there, buried behind politics and names and dates.

I really need to get off my ass and finish some stuff. Several stories, for instance. My damned Master's Thesis. Chapter Three of Troubled Times. The reworked Yellowstone Saga. Guest comics for various webcomics. Etcetera, etcetera. I've been damned lazy of late, and I don't really know why. Guess there's been no one immediate to encourage, cajole, and otherwise coerce me into action. I need some sort of structure. Blah.

Going home tomorrow afternoon for Father's Day. Dunno what's being cooked for us to eat yet, but I'm sure it'll be better than whatever I'd prepare for myself otherwise. Besides, I'll get leftovers and get to go grocery shopping while I'm home, and those're very good things.

On another note, the Mega Man Anniversary Collection is coming out on Tuesday. What's that, you ask? Well, it's all eight of the original Mega Man games (the first six were for the original Nintendo, number seven was for the Super Nintendo, and number eight appeared on the Playstation) together with two arcade Mega Man games--Power Fighters and Power Battle (fighting games using Mega Man characters)--all on one disc for both the Gamecube and the Playstation Two. My youngest brother, Scott, is a Mega Man fanatic, and has been anticipating the release of this game since it was announced sometime late last year. He's got all eight individual games (actually, come to think of it, the only Mega Man games he doesn't own are ones which were never released here in the United States), but he'll be getting the Anniversary Collection for the PS2 this week because he wants them all conveniently on one disc along with the two arcade games and the load of extra stuff coming with the collection. I'll be getting the Gamecube version myself (since that's what I have), partly so Scott and I can compare the extra material (each one supposedly has different bonus stuff) and because I dig Mega Man myself, though not nearly with the same devotion as my sibling.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan, "Tomorrow is a Long Time"

No comments: