Tuesday, June 29, 2004

"Rock Is Dead They Say--Long Live Rock"

So last night I lifted weights for the first time in about three years.

Today, I hurt like hell. My elbows hurt. My freakin' elbows! What's that about, honestly? I am glad I went and worked out with Jess and Dom, and maybe I'll be able to make it a regular thing (which would be good. I could use some upper body strength, since I have...well, none). Back when I was actually working out fairly regularly, I enjoyed it well enough. Time and my eratic schedule will tell if this is something I can do regularly.

Finally beat the first Mega Man game. The difficulty lay in two issues--first, the final area is divided up into three levels. If you get a game over, you'll start in the level you were in. But if you turn off the Gamecube, even if you've saved your game, you'll start back over at the first level. The second problem came in the last level. You have to fight four of the six robot masters right in a row--Bomb Man, Flame Man, Ice Man, and Guts Man--and then immediately go on to fight Wily. Nothing in between any of these (well, there's an anteroom between the robot masters and Wily's room, where you start if you die against Wily...which is nice). That means you have four boss battles in a row. Bomb Man isn't too hard--you hit him with Flame Man's weapon, avoid his bombs, and you're in the clear. Flame Man is quite a bit more difficult. You literally cannot dodge all of his attacks, so you end up taking a lot of damage while trying to kill him as fast as possible. Ice Man is a lightweight and can be defeated before he's even hit you once. Guts Man falls somewhere between. He usually hits me once or twice, but by the time I get to him, Flame Man's probably roughed me up pretty good, so once or twice can kill me.

But I've beaten that game now, so no worries.

Jess and Dom want to try and go see the midnight premiere of Spider-Man 2 tonight. I'm definitely in favor of that. If I do happen to go, I'll have my thoughts on that available tomorrow.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Traveling Wilburys, "Heading for the Light"

No comments: