Thursday, June 17, 2004

"There's A Magazine Called Sunset"

Internet was out this morning at the apartment. Something about the network for Parkview (my complex) was just really messed up, or so I discovered after half an hour on the phone with IT. But it was back up again this afternoon, so I was able to get all of tomorrow's comic stuff uploaded to the Dim Bulb server in time for the 1 year anniversary.

So last night, I found a link to a rather interesting contest. Seems you submit a short story to the people, and if you win, they turn your story into (1) an off-Broadway play and (2) an 80 page graphic novel.

The possibility of having a group of artists turn one of my short stories into a graphic novel was pretty damn compelling, I have to say, so I decided to submit a story last night. The final decision will be made sometime middle of next month, so I'll be sure to let everyone know how that turns out.

I also--after noting that Dav has sent some stories off for possible publication--want to try and get a few of my stories published. Dunno yet what all is involved in getting something published, or even if I've got anything worth publishing, but hey, I've received enough rejection letters from grad schools. Rejection letters from publishers can't be worse, right?

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Wilco, "Someday Soon"

No comments: