Thursday, June 17, 2004

"Them's Got Ears, Let Them Hear"

So yeah, when it rains, it pours.

Earlier this week, I was complaining about feeling trapped and wanting to go somewhere, anywhere. Well, I keep forgetting that other people read this damn thing. Wendy (though she doesn't read it, I don't think) wanted me to come visit her to see Glen Phillips and Nickel Creek in Alexandria (where she lives, coincidentally). And just yesterday, Dav emails me wanting to know if I want to join him in Chicago for Wizard World.

And of course, let us not forget that I am going with Jessica and Dominic to take Beth to Florida.

Now, guess what? All three of these things occur on exactly the same weekend.

Granted, I'm already committed to helping Beth move. Means I had to turn down the other two offers, which were very attractive. I still do want to visit Wen, and Dav's a blast to hang out with (I think I need to arrange a get-together with several of my friends of the geek persuasion sometime, just for the hell of it. The concentration of geekiness could well make the world implode). And it'd be fun--gaming, movies, and...um...more gaming, probably.

Anyway, I'm gonna go watch Return of the King now. I bought it right when it came out on DVD last month, thinking I'd be able to have a LOTR marathon with Jess, Dom, and Beth. Yeah, three guess as to how well that worked out. But I'll have the last laugh--I'm gonna watch it now! Mwahahahaha!

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Wilco, "I am trying to break your heart"

No comments: