Tuesday, February 03, 2004

"Will I See You Give More Than I Can Take, Will I Only Harvest Some?"

Today's been good if relatively uneventful. I finally got a decent night's sleep last night, after spending four hours driving home and then eight hours at work (which was also, thankfully, uneventful). Then I slept for like 10 or 11 hours, and woke feeling very refreshed. I'm still a bit tired, but that's okay, because I'll get another good night's sleep tonight.

Anyway, all I've done today were the dishes, run, and watch The Dark Crystal with Ev. I'd forgotten just how good the Dark Crystal was, especially considering it's all done with puppets. Jim Henson was a genius, and his work was always top notch. The Dark Crystal is probably one of the best fantasy films I've ever seen. I'd almost rank it up there with LOTR and the Princess Bride.

My run was actually pleasantly good. I ran far--once around the neighborhood and then around the entire campus, which is quite a bit further than I usually run on a given day. I really think that if the races my dad keeps signing us up for were in the late afternoon, I'd kick ass. Does make me wonder, though, why all of these races seem to be in the winter, early in the morning, and around lakes. "How uncomfortable can we make these races?" one race promoter asked another. Replied his companion, "Make it early, cold, and in a place where the wind can sythe through their clothes and freeze them to their very core."

In short, the folks who come up with these things are evil and didn't have me in mind when they were planning...the bastards.

Class and work tomorrow. Ev says that the Oklahoma Primary is also tomorrow, but I'd have to drive all the way to Shawnee to do that. I don't really know much about any of the Democratic candidates (I'm registered Democrat), and don't feel that I'd be making any sort of educated contribution to the proceedings. I'd prefer to actually know a bit about what they're all campaigning for and all that, but since I'm not likely to discover this between now and tomorrow morning, I'm going to exercise my sense of civic duty and not vote with absolutely no idea about the person I'm voting for.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Sting, "Heavy Cloud No Rain"

No comments: