Tuesday, February 17, 2004

"She Don't Mind The Late Night Radio"

Well, yesterday I finally beat Battle Network 2. Kicked that final boss's ass, man! Woo!

So now I'm working on finishing up Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. I still have a bit left, and I've been playing for nearly 70 hours. That's almost three total days' worth of engagements, job switching, inventory perusal, and learning kick ass new abilities.

A friend of mine told me a mutual friend was having trouble last night, so I sent the mutual friend a random, exceptionally sappy email. She hasn't killed me yet with laser vision, so I can only assume she appreciated it rather than the alternative--wanting to see me dead in a gutter clutching an empty bottle of cheap whiskey.

Which isn't to say that isn't a distinct possibility sometime in the near future. Assuming I can find some cheap whiskey that I can afford.

I talked with both parents (separately) last night, and my dad mentioned the OKC Metropolitan Library is having its annual book sale this Saturday. He then said he was going to deposit $20 in my account so I could go buy books. The books at these things cost about a quarter to fifty cents. And he gave me $20. I am gonna have so many books after this thing...

The only drawback is that I have to drive across town to be at the Fair Grounds at 9.30 am Saturday morning. No sleeping in for Chuck!

Only half an hour of work left. It's rather quiet--everyone suddenly left, all at about the same time. So now the only people in here are employees. We're all sitting in a row at the computers, typing away and not interacting. It's sad and humorous in a weird sort of way.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: David Gray, "Faster, Sooner, Now"