Tuesday, February 24, 2004

"Out Into The Cool Of The Evening Strolls The Pretender"

Today was significantly better than the past few days have been. I feel fitter, happier...well, happier, anyway. The other will probably have to wait until I've lost a wee bit of weight (twenty or thirty pounds or so).

I came up with what I'm going to give up for Lent--soda pop. I'm drinking at least a one liter a day, sometimes more, and that's way too damn much. So I had my last one tonight, and tomorrow it's quitin' cold turkey. I give it a couple of days before the caffine headaches start.

On a brighter note, though (I did say today was a better day), I got my first fanart today. First two, actually. Both of them came from Ping, and they're both of Earl the Archangel. The first is Earl in chibi form, which is my current desktop background. The second is Earl looking more like he does in Troubled Times, which is to say "bad ass." Needless to say, I was very flattered that Ping wanted to draw a character I came up with, and even moreso that she decided to draw him twice. It just really made my day, and I really like how Ping interpreted the character.

This also means that Earl is the official mascot of Dim Bulb. I mean, not only is he in all three comics, but someone other than Adam and myself has drawn him now. It's settled--Earl, Dim Bulb Mascot. We'll have to see if we can work up a background for that.

Work is relatively quiet. Admittedly, it's not even half over, but that's hardly the point, is it?

I think I'm going to try to see The Passion tomorrow night, if they have really late showings here in Norman. I know Jess, Beth, and Dom are all really enthused about the film, and I admit a curiosity born more of an academic, intellectual nature than anything else. I want to see if it really is as anti-semitic as some quarters claim. I want to see what he did with it. I guess I want to see what all the hype's about. There's also a spiritual part of me that thinks this could be a very powerful film and well-worth watching at least once.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Velvet Underground, "Oh, Sweet Nothin'"