Sunday, February 08, 2004

"Run For Your Life"

Well, I survived the run yesterday morning up in Ponca City. I didn't have to stop and walk, and I didn't puke afterwards. Finished in just a shade over 35 minutes, which isn't too bad when you consider it was early in the morning and about 10 degrees outside.

Then last night was the 1964 concert. A splendid time was guaranteed for all, though the audience wasn't as energetic as previous 1964 concerts I've attended. Ah well--the music was still good. It's fun when you can actually sing along with every single song (Beth also gave me a funny look a couple of times when I did a little mouth riff along with George's guitar solo. Then she'd say, "You really like this song, don't you?" To which I'd reply, "I like 'em all!"). I think even Beth, who's not really much of a Beatles fan (though she did know a couple of the songs), enjoyed herself. She was smiling quite often and sang along on the songs she did know, at least, so I can only assume that means she had a good time.

Busy week ahead of me. I need to get some stuff done on research papers, clean the apartment (I think FEMA said something the other day about declaring it a disaster area and getting me federal relief), and on Thursday head to Shawnee to hang out with Wendy. I'll probably drag her and her boy back to Norman on Friday or Saturday (whichever they're free during), and make them meet my friends here (i.e., Beth). I'm looking forward to getting to see Wendy; it's been many, many months since our last time together (which was back in early July, if memory serves).

Oh, and at some point this week, I still need to do the Crooked Halo archives. Weee.

Correction: the Phil Collins album was not called In the Air Tonight, but rather Face Value. Those responsible for this error have been sacked and shot out of a cannon.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: The Beatles, "She Loves You (yeah, yeah, yeah)"