Sunday, February 15, 2004

"My Heart Ain't Built To Stay"

And back to the grind with me, it is. I've been here three hours and looked at one paper, eaten one bag of peanut butter M&Ms (with help), eaten one bacon cheeseburger (courtesy of my coworker Vicki, who just got one for me on a whim when she grabbed her own food before work...which ranks her as one of the coolest people I've ever worked with), drank one Pepsi, and finished one Terry Pratchett book (Wee Free Men, which I was re-reading just for the hell of it). I've also drawn one comic, listened to one CD (working on CD #2), and had my tail handed to me in Mega Man Battle Network 2 by the final boss twice. And I wrote up commentary for all of the Troubled Times strips we've got archived so far.

So yeah, I've been sorta productive in the past four hours. Work's pretty quiet tonight, but that's fine by me.

Oh, there's a new short story over at Chirping Crickets. It's a story I wrote a few years ago, but one I still rather like. Go give it a read, and make sure to post comments. I like feedback. Lemme know what you liked, hated, were indifferent to. Give me something to go on, people!

Next on things to do for the evening is compile a list of what storylines I've done in Crooked Halo and send said list to Adam so he can work on the dropdown menu for the main page. He left me a nasty note via MSN Messenger Saturday asking me why I hadn't gotten on something he'd only mentioned in passing Monday or Tuesday. I haven't had a chance to retaliate and let him know I was away from my computer for three days yet, and that I'll get to it when I'm damn-well good and ready. Like, y'know, tonight. And for a man who waited four months before getting on the archive project, I really don't think he has any room to pester me, y'know?

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Jars of Clay, "Show You Love"