Tuesday, January 06, 2004

"Takin' Care Of Business"

Well, I'm back at work again, finally. Admittedly, it's on a rather reduced schedule right now, but considering I usually don't work at all between the end of Finals and the beginning of the Spring semester, this little bit will be welcomed when I suddenly have a little pocket money in a couple of weeks' time.

Speaking of reduced schedules, it looks like I'm running on one next semester so far. My schedule reads something like 4.00-10.00 pm Sundays, and 7.00-10.00 pm Monday through Thursday. That's something like (*pulls out calculator*)...18 hours a week right now. A little over half what I was working last semester. Lord, my paychecks are gonna shrink.

But hopefully, I'll be able to pick up extra hours as the semester progresses, perhaps in the early morning shift like I worked in the Fall. Sure, I don't care much for waking up early, but I'll do what it takes to maintain a comfortable lifestyle. And by "comfortable" I mean "able to continue feeding myself and paying rent." I'm willing to wake up a bit earlier if it means I'll be able to go back to bed in my apartment at day's end.

Anyway, work's about all that's happening. Oh, and I get my car back tomorrow. It's about bloody time, too. I swear, the next time a business professor backs into my car in the parking garage, I'm just going to beat him unconscious. It'd be preferable to his usual state, anyway.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Van Morrison, "Brown-Eyed Girl"

No comments: