Monday, January 19, 2004

"Can Music Save Your Mortal Soul?"

Well, the past two nights, I have stayed up until about 6.00 am. Which is all well and good, because I'm spending most of that time with people (specifically, Beth), but still...that's really throwing off my sleep pattern.

Actually, last night wouldn't have been so late if it weren't for the comic. We left Jess and Dom's place around 4.00 am, and I dropped Beth off at her place and came back here. I was getting ready to go to bed, and remembered I hadn't done a comic for today yet. So I stayed awake and did a comic. I finally got it all uploaded and the site updated by 6.00 am. So I hope everyone appreciates the comic. That's right--I go the extra mile for my readers, because I have made a commitment to provide them with consistant entertainment. I'm actually halfway pleased with the way it turned out, especially since it was so damn early when I was drawing it.

Anyway, last night was fun. We all sat and played Lord of the Rings Risk, which is apparently a little bit different from regular Risk. You get these Adventure cards which you can use to get extra battilions or destroy some of your opponent's battillions or gain or eliminate an advantage. It was guys against girls, and going rather poorly for the boys until the very end, when I went on a run and took like ten or eleven territories, three or four strongholds, and basically won the game (by two points...very, very close). The game was actually interesting and entertaining enough to keep me playing even when we were losing so badly. And hey, it paid off--I consolidated the forces of darkness in Mordor and Haradwaith (in the southernmost part of Middle Earth), and then pushed up and out. I drove the forces of good before me, and smote them mightily upon my sword. And yea, it was fun. And lucky--Beth could roll nothing but 5 and 6 until the very end, when I went on my rampage, and Jess had like 25 territories before my run. The forces of darkness were getting their asses kicked for most of the game, that's for sure.

This extended weekend's really going to throw me off tomorrow when I have to return to class and work. I've done literally nothing school related since Thursday. Four days of just kickin' back and relaxing...well, not totally, since I went home Friday and helped Ev move Saturday. But maxin' and relaxin' besides that. Ah well--I almost don't know what to do with all the extra time anyway, so this is probably for the best.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Don McLean, "American Pie"

No comments: