Sunday, January 11, 2004

"Flagpole Sitta"

Well, remember all the complaining I've been doing of late about how lonely I am? That's all ended, it seems. Friday night, I hung out with Everett for like six or seven hours, watching disc three of Blue Seed (only one more and Blue Seed Beyond left!) and just chatted. Then Saturday evening was spent picking Beth up from the airport, having a quick bite of dinner with her, and then both of us joining Jess and Dom for a game of bowling (I totally 0w|\|z0r3d...or something like that). A wonderful evening, yes indeed. And tomorrow is spent with folks from both the school paper and work at meetings for each. Oh, and for information's sake, my comics in the OU Daily will run on Fridays, it seems. It's as good a reason as any to read the school paper, I guess.

I also spent way more money today than I should have. Not on dinner and bowling--no, those are very acceptable and good uses of money, and I don't regret them at all. No, I'm referring to the fact that I went and bought a GameCube. Why? Because I'm tired of not having a decent game system, and because I've been saving money for one. I've only got one controller right now (and since part of the reason I purchased this thing was to do multiplayer games, that'll have to change), and only one game--Rogue Squadron II--Rogue Leader (Star Wars game! Woo!). No memory card, so I can't save anything (which means I get to keep flying the mission against the Death Star every time I turn the thing on...which isn't necessarily a bad thing), but I've ordered a memory card, and I should have it in a week or so.

I really probably shouldn't have bought the GameCube, to be honest. Money's gonna get tight here pretty soon, and so will time. But I'm of the opinion--an opinion I've held for several years now--that you can't just work all the time. Sometimes, you need to unwind, cut loose, and shoot down some TIE fighters, y'know? Or play some MarioKart. Or Smash Brothers Melee. Or Zelda. Or Soul Calibur II, which also happens to feature Link of Legend of Zelda kickin' some serious ass. Etc., etc. Really, that's mostly rationalization, and I know it. I also know my spending habits need to improve greatly, or I could be in serious trouble. I keep telling myself, "okay, no more spending after this," and then I go and spend more. But I really do need to stop now. I'm not going to buy anymore games or movies or CDs or anything like that for a long time now. I probably need outside help with this, so anyone who feels like trying to mother me (other that my actual mother--she'll just yell at me), let me know. I need someone to keep me on the straight and narrow in these matters.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: The Band, "The Weight"

No comments: