Thursday, January 22, 2004

"Kupo, Bi-atch"

I've been playing more Final Fantasy Tactics Advance than is probably healthy. It's one of those games where I sit there and think, "Hey, I don't have to leave for class for ten minutes. That's enough time for a battle." I'm not playing at stoplights or anything, but it seems that anytime I've got a few minutes available, I'm firing up the ol' GBA and getting in a quick round. I've logged nearly 40 hours on the game, and really have no idea how far along I am. I've unlocked lots of new jobs, though I haven't gotten around to trying them all out, and I'm still not sure how to use a couple of them (such as blue magic). It's just such an engrossing game, and I'm just such a geek.

There ought to be some sort of medicine or something I can take for this.

I'm probably going to have to play through it again after I beat it, because I haven't even really used one of the races, which means I haven't been able to unlock their race-specific jobs or anything like that. It's really almost too late in the game to start now. I'd never be able to get them to a high enough level or to learn their stuff fast enough to catch up with the half dozen or so characters I've been using constantly. And I've got a pretty powerful, well-rounded group. I've got magic users, and swordsmen (and women), and an archer or two. And I have a moogle. The moogle rocks, because they just do, y'know?

Anyway, time that could be better spent (doing, say, research or reading for class or something of that nature) has been devoted to this obsession. We have my siblings to blame, really, since they got it for me for Christmas.

So yeah, kupo.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Wallflowers, "Too Late to Quit"

No comments: