Monday, January 26, 2004

"The Best-Laid Plans"

Suddenly, the next few weeks are very planned-out, which is weird for me. I barely plan what I'm going to do in the next ten minutes, let alone what I'm going to do weeks from now. But such is the nature of things at this moment that I sorta have to know what's happening then, now, so I'm planning.

First thing's first--Ozarks this weekend. I'm making that trip, hell or high water (though possibly not ice...driving in nasty ice stuff is no fun). Before I can do that, though, I need to get my FAFSA finished (I get to fill it out as an independent this year--woo! Wait, crap). Also need to get an outline/plan of action for the thesis mapped out (mom's orders...God, I'm going to be independent, and I'm still jumping when my parents say so? Eesh). Easy enough.

The harder part--I have to get all the stuff together to make the Yeti CDs. That requires finding it all, shelling out the necessary cash, and then figuring out the programs and stuff. Then do it all. But that'll be pretty fun, actually, and once I get it figured out, it'll be easy as hell, too.

From there, things get quiet for a week or so, then hectic again. On the 7th of February, I'm apparently going to run in a race up in Ponca City, my place of birth and the residence of my maternal grandparents. How I let dad keep talking me into these things, I'll never know. On the other hand, I'm developing quite a nice collection of t-shirts from these things, and any extra shirt means one more day of not doing laundry.

The week after that is crazy. On the 12th, I have a prospectus for my 20th Cenutry Europe paper. Easy enough. That's also the day that Wendy will be coming to Oklahoma, so from then until the 16th, I'm unavailable unless you're her. Or work. Stupid work.

Okay, maybe not unavailable. But harder to reach, and probably a bit preoccupied. Plus, I get to meet her new boy, Tim. That should be fun. For some reason, I it in my head that my friends' new significant others must meet some sort of standard set by me, or I won't allow them to date or something. I dunno. I like pretending that I need to approve of the guy, and that my opinion in the matter actually matters two bits.

After that, things get a bit hazy until the end of February, when I have a history conference. I know I'll be working on the Master's Thesis during that time, and various other things (including work for my class), but the whens and whyfors and hows are all shrouded in what could be called "mystery."

And that's sorta how things will work for a while. By Spring Break, I'm hoping to have the Master's Thesis finished, have heard from at least one college (and hopefully it'll be a positive message), and sorta have a game plan for the summer. Whether or not that will happen...well, time will tell.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Bruce Springsteen, "Dancin' in the Dark"

No comments: