Wednesday, November 19, 2003

"We're Gonna Need A Bigger Boat"

I don't usually do two postings a day, but the past few minutes have been amusing, so I thought I'd share.

See, I'm the only one here at work right now. Everyone else has gone home for the day in the Writing Center. We'll get a couple more people to relieve me at 7:00, but from 4:00 until 7:00, I'm basically in charge of the place.

So when I first got in, there was a paper waiting for me to read. Business/English paper of some sort, I wasn't really sure. I'm a little tired today, and I didn't get a nap this afternoon, so most things are kinda blurry right now. Anyway, I looked at the paper and did my thing, then decided to lay my head down for a minute because I'm so damn tired. Well, I happened to snap back to full wakefulness right before a girl walked in with another paper to proofread (this one's a thirty page Business paper...I'm letting someone else do that one, I already looked at a 15 page Business paper earlier today, and I still haven't recovered). So I went back to full alertfulness to help her out, just as a huge group of prospective students walked into our center, led by one of my boss's supervisors. When I say "huge," I mean like twenty people. This room wasn't designed for twenty people to be milling around. It was barely designed for a half dozen to mill around.

Needless to say, it was a good thing the other student came in right before that, or I wouldn't have been awake when this tour group came by, and I'd probably be getting fired about now.

I'm wide awake now, and kinda bored. Wish I'd thought to bring some research along with me...though knowing me, I'd have fallen asleep doing research instead. Caffine just ain't doin' it anymore, folks, I need to start getting energy the natural way--sleeping.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Electric Light Orchestra, "Easy Money"

No comments: