Friday, November 14, 2003

"They Call Him Mr. Jellyroll"

Well, in just a few short hours, I'll be heading out to Clarksville, wind in my hair, sun in my face, the...er...crap, it's soggy and rainy and cold and nasty today. Then again, whenever I make plans to go on a trip (either to home or to Ozarks), it always decides to rain. It's getting to where that's the only sort of weather I know how to drive on the interstate in.

...I'm disturbed. I was just given a hand treatment, which isn't nearly as dirty as it sounds. Apparently it involves using several different creams on your hand to exfoliate and cleanse and make your skin silky smooth. I feel emasculated now, and I'm never letting my boss talk me in to that sort of thing again. My hands feel weird and much too soft. I think I may have exfoliated a callous or two, and that depresses me. If my drawing callous is gone, there will be hell to pay.

My boss, while directing the Writing Center, also sells Mary Kay. Which is all well and good--y'know, women apparently feel they need make up and creams and cremes and God knows what, and someone out there has to know how it all works and what all you need. But do I really need to be dragged into it? I don't think so. I'm emasculated enough anyway, what with being wrapped around the little finger of virtually every attractive woman I know (and most of the women I know are attractive, so you can imagine how interesting that is). I really don't need hand treatments and the like.

In other news, leading researchers have discovered that lots and lots of caffine will be necessary for Chuck to stay awake long enough to drive to Clarksville. Barring that, he just needs to sit there and recount the shame of having a hand treatment this morning, and the burning shame will keep me awake and wishing I wasn't.

Okay, I really don't have anything much to say. Go read Crooked Halo, where I'm making pretty boy archangels join boy bands today. It'll be even more fun Monday, when another character from the strip ends up in the band, too.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Aerosmith, "Ten Inch Record"

No comments: