Friday, November 21, 2003

"Kickin' Through The Autumn Leaves"

Hard to believe it's already late November. No, honestly--it's still getting up in the mid-70s every day. It's nigh impossible to believe that it'll be officially Winter in a month. Supposedly some colder weather is coming through this weekend, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be cold still this time next week. Also doesn't guarantee that it won't have snowed by this time next week. That's always been the thing about Oklahoma weather--it changes at the drop of the proverbial hat.

Anyway, exciting weekend lined up. Going to play racquetball with Dominic this afternoon. I haven't played racquetball since April or May of last year. I'll probably be a bit rusty, but I still remember most everything about the game, and I'm sure it'll all come back to me. The rest of the afternoon will be devoted to research. Lots and lots of research. Saturday, I'm going to show Ev the second disc of Blue Seed, because I like sharing my obsessions with others whether they like it or not (though in talking with him, I think he's enjoying the show thusfar). After that, more research. Sunday's an extremely exciting day, as I'll get to spend it researching, (hopefully) writing, and working. Joy.

Monday and Tuesday, though not part of the weekend, are really just going to be an extension and a continuation of the weekend's plans--writing, researching, and working. I'm hoping to have a draft of this paper done by Tuesday so I can give it to my professor. We'll see; it may be Wednesday before she gets it.

Wendesday will be a day of rest, something I'm sorely in need of. It's also payday, which is nice. Thursday will be more exciting, as it's Thanksgiving. That morning, I'm running in some five mile race with Dad and Clif. Keep in mind, I've never run five miles at once in my life, and I haven't exactly been tearing up the road on my runs this past month. I think I can do it, though I may have to walk a bit somewhere around mile 4, but a little walking will recharge the legs and allow me to stumble across the finish line, I think. My goal is to finish the race in under an hour, which seems reasonable (that's about a mile every 12 minutes). After the race, it's back to the apartment to clean up, then go pick up Beth and head to Shawnee.

Oh, did I mention that I convinced Beth to come over to my folks' place for Thanksgiving rather than spending it by herself in her apartment. Besides, it's not like we won't have enough food at home. Mom said my grandmother started making the stuffing back the beginning of this week. There will also be at least four pies--pumpkin, pecan, coconut creme, and either chocolate or butterscotch (for Scott and I, because we're picky). I don't think anyone's ever left our place hungry on Thanksgiving. Not even when I had just had my wisdom teeth removed two days before the holiday.

Well, back to research. The Chartists are really, really interesting. Honest.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Barenaked Ladies, "One Week"

No comments: