Saturday, November 08, 2003

Friends And Family, Kitch And Kin

On a whim, I decided to go visit my maternal grandparents yesterday afternoon. I knew Scott, my youngest sibling, was going to be there as well; in fact, we'd discussed me visiting over the phone late Thursday night, and decided it'd be a pleasant surprise for my grandmother, who's been feeling low the past few weeks.

Anyway, to make a long story short, our little plan was a success. Scott told Grandma that there was a surprise coming for her. When she opened the door and saw me, her face lit up in a genuine smile, and that alone made the whole trip worth it. On top of that, I got to sit and chat with my grandparents for the afternoon, got a free meal out of the deal, and it occupied most of my otherwise empty Friday.

The trip, though short, was thus probably one of the more worthwhile trips I've taken since I went to Ozarks for Chris and JP's going away party back at the end of July. Come to think of it, that was actually the last trip I made to Ozarks. That's something I plan on rectifying next weekend, though. I need to make another trip to 'Zarks before Thanksgiving, because after Thanksgiving will just be too hectic.

Beyond that, there's not much to say here. I wrote another song while jogging last night. I guess I'll leave you with it. It's rather tongue in cheek, but fun nonetheless. And kinda country-ish, oddly enough. But I still like it. Enjoy the first verse and the chorus.

"Gospel Truth"
Got a posterboard picture of Jesus in my pocket
Got the words of the Holy Father on my lips
Got two blind eyes in my sockets
I'm devout, forgiven, and oh-so hip
Gonna rock and roll all night to the Gospel station
Gonna pray real hard for my salvation
And I know when I take my eternal rest
I'm gonna to the place that's the best.

Amen, brothers and sisters, amen.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Ben Folds, "Rockin' the Suburbs"

No comments: