Friday, May 28, 2004

"We Make It Harder Than It Has To Be"

Sittin' here at work, without much to do right now. There's a chance I'll be here all day, because the woman who is supposed to work the rest of the day called and is feeling rather sick.

Part of me likes the idea of working the rest of the day. God knows I could do with the hours. On the other hand, I'm a lazy person and would rather spend the afternoon relaxing and running the errands I need to run. Guess we'll just have to see whether Vicki shows up in a couple of hours or not.

Put in my "Change of Major" request today, which is basically the form I have to fill out to go from being a Master's student to being a PhD student. Took all of two minutes. Would've had this done two months ago if the freakin' form had been available, but it only became available again today (and they want all applications for the fall in by Tuesday, with this weekend being a holiday and thus everything closed on Monday. Someone wasn't thinking very clearly when they set these deadlines).

Anyway, with that mostly out of the way (need to call the history office here in a while and discuss with them what all I need to bring over to complete this debacle), I can start to concentrate on other things, like my Master's Thesis. And booze. Lots and lots of booze...okay, not really, but a man can pretend.

In other news, today is payday, and also Heather's birthday. So happy birthday to Heather and happy payday to me (this means I can pay my rent Tuesday! Huzzah!).

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: The Eagles, "The Long Run"

No comments: