Wednesday, May 19, 2004

"Homeward Bound"

Various conversations in the past couple of days have revealed several impending homecomings.

I spoke with Amanda Webster on the phone earlier this afternoon (it was around 10.00 pm in Ireland, where she is), and she and the Ozarks group that went to Ireland (which includes the indomitable Amanda Erisman as well) are leavin' on a jetplane bright and early tomorrow morning to come back to the States. So they'll be back sometime late tomorrow evening, and though I'm sure they'll be sad to leave beautiful Ireland, I'll be glad to have them back...even if it only means that I'll be able to have internet conversations with them on occasion (I still need contact with them, after all).

Also spoke with my aunt yesterday afternoon. Aside from inviting me to their place this Saturday for food and music (an invitation which I gladly accepted--like I'd pass up free food), she told me that my cousin--who's in one of those eastern Europe republics formed out of the decaying corpse of the former Soviet Union--will be coming home a week from today. Granted, he'll just be returning to New Mexico for the time being, but apparently the first chance he gets, he and his wife and daughter are going to be coming to Oklahoma for a welcome home party. And in November, when he's discharged from the Air Force, apparently they're moving back to Oklahoma permanently.

S'funny--I'm trying my damnedest to get the hell out of this state, while my cousin is trying with all his might to get back in. It's a funny ol' world, ain't it?

Been hard at work gathering tunes for Jessica and Dominic's wedding. Aside from drawing two weeks' worth of comics yesterday afternoon, that's about the only productive thing I've done all week. I feel kinda guilty for being so unproductive, but at the same time...hell, I need the break. And...I'm trying to spend as much time with Beth and Jess & Dom as I can while I still can. After all, Beth is leaving right after the wedding, and the next time I'll get to see her is in mid-August, when we take her to Florida. And there's not much chance of me being able to pop down to Tallahassee to visit that often, y'know? And who knows where Jess and Dom will be after they get back from their honeymoon. Y'know, it feels like I just did this not too long ago when I left Ozarks. Why the hell is it happening again so soon? Blarg.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Steve Miller Band, "Abracadabra"

No comments: