Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Who's Returned, Now? I Didn't Catch That

Guess what I picked up last night at midnight?

No, not the new Avril Lavigne CD. God, get your head on straight.

Here's a hint--it deals with the return of certain monarchial figures to their rightful place.

Yup, that's right--Return of the King! It was all I could do to not go ahead and watch it last night after I got it. The only thing that really stopped me was having to wake up early this morning to come in to work. But it'll probably get watched sometime this week, I can almost guarantee it.

And if nothing else, Jess, Dom, Beth, and I are planning a Lord of the Rings marathon for sometime this weekend (probably Monday, Memorial Day, actually) with the first two Extended Editions and the regular version of Return of the King, since that's all we have of the third one so far. But just think--isn't it nice to see a sci-fi/fantasy triology that actually lives up to expectations and does not disappoint like a couple of others I could mention? Kudos, Peter Jackson. Kudos.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Cake, "Long Line of Cars"

No comments: