Monday, May 03, 2004

"Called The Tune To Many A Torture Session"

So I'm feelin' really, really sick right now. It all started late Saturday afternoon. I'd been kinda sore and achy all day, mostly because I only got like three hours of sleep Friday night, and they weren't comfortable hours of sleep. My shoulder, the back of my neck (where it meets the base of the skull), and my head were all aching like nobody's business. I took some Advil stuff, and it make the aching go away, for the most part.

Then I slept for about 12 hours. That was nice.

But it didn't solve the problem. When I woke up yesterday, I still felt a little blah. Not only that, but during the night, I'd woken up several times dripping with sweat. Hurray for feavers, eh? Anyway, I went to work yesterday afternoon, and was feeling pretty nasty still. It took me two hours to get my body temperature regulated--from about the time I woke up until about 2.30, I felt too warm, but also kinda clammy. Then I started getting cold chills while I was at work, and I was running a feaver again. So around 6.30, I finally decided to pack it in and go home. I wasn't doing anyone any good, I was aching in my neck and head again, and I was feeling lightheaded. It took me ten minutes just to walk back to my car, and almost another ten to get back home (and home is only a three or four minute drive, even with heavy traffic). I took more medicine and crashed again for a few hours. Then I woke up around 9.30, went out and got some food, ate, puttered around the apartment for a few hours (though not at a very fast pace...I was still feeling lightheaded whenever I moved too quickly), and went to bed again.

Woke up this morning still feeling pretty nasty. Until about an hour ago, I couldn't sit up in a chair for more than a few minutes without feeling lightheaded. I'm feelng a bit better now, but not much.

And this is all very, very bad. I've got too much to do this week to be sick. And I have to work every night, and I don't want to get anyone at work sick. Mom thinks it might be a bug of some sort. Ev thinks it's stress-related. I don't know why I feel like crap, but I know I'm sick of being sick.

All I can say is that I need to be able to concentrate so I can get my paper and my take home exam done by Friday afternoon. They HAVE to be done. No more extensions, y'know?

Besides, I can't get anyone to come near me while I'm like this. And that's probably the most annoying part of all.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Counting Crows, "Kid Things"

No comments: