Friday, May 14, 2004

"Foolin' Yourself And You Don't Believe It"

So Scott and I were supposed to go see Styx and Peter Frampton last night at the Zoo Ampitheatre in OKC. This is an outdoor venue. There were several inches of rain dropped on central Oklahoma yesterday afternoon. Needless to say, the concert was rescheduled for the middle of July.

What that meant was that Scott and I sat around and played videogames all last night instead. Didn't really get anything accomplished in any of the games (well, in MarioKart, which was the only game I was concerned with doing anything in), just sorta tooled around and had some fun. Then we got up this morning and I took him back home, got my hair cut (and my beard trimmed, 'cause it was getting a wee bit scraggly), and had a quick bite o' lunch with our grandmother. Then I ran back to Norman, picked up my paycheck, and came to work. Work has been...quiet. There's no one here. We had one student all afternoon, and he was pretty self-sufficient (except for when I had to proofread his one paper, which took all of ten minutes out of my busy schedule).

Tonight, Beth and I are going to run, then give Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles multiplayer a shot. Should be fun. I've been playing through in single player, and I'm progressing nicely in that. But the whole point of getting this game (aside from having an RPG on the Gamecube) was so that Beth could play with me. We've got all the equipment we need (two Gameboy Advances, link cables to allow us to use said GBA's as 'Cube controllers, the game), so it's time to see how this works. I'm rather excited.

There's other stuff to talk about, I'm sure, but (1) it's quittin' time and (2) not sure I want to talk about it yet. Kinda funny to be afraid to post something in a "personal" thing such as this, but then again, I remember that several of my close friends read this thing, and I'd surely hear about anything I did post that was of a controversial nature.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: The Beatles, "Tell me what you see"

No comments: