Thursday, November 30, 2006

"Where Thrills Are Cheap And Love Divine"

Today I finally completed the horrendous experience that has been my midpoint portfolio course. Honestly, of all the stuff I've had going on this semester (two other classes, working full-time, trying to find a new place to live, getting engaged, and worrying about whether or not I'd have enough money do the things which need be done), this damn one credit hour course has been the most stressful thing going.

The professor was condescending, didn't recognize graduate-level writing (in part because I was writing like I would for a history paper; education papers, apparently, are more direct and less verbose. In other words, more boring), and apparently thought I was inept and incompetent. I hate being condescended to, and my meeting with her today was a half hour of her being condescending and downright rude and insulting (both to me and to my content discipline). The fact that she would insult me to my face while making it sound like a joke fucking pissed me off. I was stressed out about this damn thing all day long, worried over it and uncertain of whether or not I'd even be done with it today (thank God, I am). I was so stressed in the hour leading up to it and the three hours following it that I couldn't see straight. My whole body was tense, I shut down mentally and almost physically, and actually looked noticeably frustrated and upset.

Anyway, it's over and done with now; Michelle was able to calm me down and help me feel better this evening (a sure sign that she's really the one I'm supposed to be with. When I'm in a bad mood, people usually only aggravate the mood, but she made me feel better. There's not many as can do that). Tomorrow's Friday, today was payday, and everything's really coming up Millhouse aside from this whole debacle.

This weekend is Michelle's office Christmas party. Apparently we're attending. Should be interesting. Sunday is Tenacious D at the Patriot Center. To say that I'm looking forward to this show is to grossly understate the case. The D are about as good as you can get, honestly.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Kings of Leon, "Holly Roller Novocaine"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You done went and made me curious what she said. I think you should type it out here, which will remind you how irritated you are about it. Then you can go punch her in the face. I think that'd be amusing.

To me.