Saturday, November 04, 2006

"I Gave My Golden Thing A Gold Wedding Ring"

I have Michelle's engagement ring sitting here in front of me. The thing is absolutely gorgeous. Hartoon's, the jewelry store in Shawnee that mom had the ring made at, did a fantastic job. We've used them for jewelry stuff for years (mom's on a first-name basis with the woman who owns the place), and they set her diamond for this particular ring and got it shipped out here faster than I'd have thought possible (mom was only in Shawnee like a week and a half ago. And I've already got the ring. That's fast service, that is).

Anyway, when Michelle comes over in a little bit, I'm going to give her the ring. Dunno how or where yet, though. I know there'll be the whole going down on one knee and professing undying love bit, but beyond that it's all up in the air. I should find someplace nice to do it, though she really just wants the ring and doesn't care about the ceremonial aspects of all this. Admittedly, I'm not usually one for ceremonies and formalities, but some things you just have to do, y'know?

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Byrds, "Eight Miles High"

1 comment:

Noise Monkey said...

...Well?