Sunday, November 19, 2006

"Monthlong Vacations In The Stratosphere"

Two classes down, one left. Unfortunately, it's the one that has been the thorn in my side all semester: Midpoint Portfolio. I really dislike this class and the professor. She's pompous and condescending and treated the class like a bunch of five year olds. Instead of explaining everything in a straightforward fashion, she tried to make things more complicated by over-explaining them. She basically fills me with rage. Much rage.

The Oriental Store (the convenience store next to school where we usually go to get sodas and snacks) accidentally overcharged me $160 for something on Friday, overdrawing my checking account and pissing me off considerably last night. I'm going to go talk with them tomorrow and see if I can't get it fixed.

Went and checked out an example apartment yesterday that Michelle and I both quite liked. The complex looks really nice, the apartments were recently renovated, and the cost is great. We went ahead and filled out applications for the apartment and reserved a two-level townhouse-style apartment. We should know in a week or two if we get in, but I don't think we'll have any trouble.

Spent Friday night hanging out with Michelle's friends Sara Ryan and Suzanne. We chatted about music, work, and the stupidity of people. It was rather fun, and I got to show off my knowledge of Robert Johnson. That's always entertaining.

Last night, Michelle and I (well, mostly Michelle) cooked dinner. We had roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, and biscuits. All very tasty. There's plenty of chicken left, so I think we're going to try to turn it into curry and/or chicken soup. I know how to make the former, Michelle is apparently an expert at the latter. Should be groovy.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bruce Springsteen, "Lost in the Flood"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would suggest printing a copy of this entry for your professor. I'm sure it'll help your grade.