Sunday, November 26, 2006

"Hey Little Bird, Fly Away Home"

So, like most of the hip kids this week, I did the giving of thanks thing. Went over to Michelle's place and had Thanksgiving dinner with her family. It's strange, but I think her father genuinely likes me. They're apparently getting me Christmas presents and everything.

Michelle and I signed the lease for our apartment on Saturday. Looks like the place should be great to live in, actually, and we're looking forward to getting moved in on the 15th.

Speaking of moving in, we helped Lauren move yesterday. Took us like seven hours, but we got all of her stuff moved from one location to the other. I'm achy and tired today, but that's alright. We got her all moved, and she'll be helping us when the time comes (insert maniacal laughter here).

Michelle and I used this money I got from Borders (holiday reward money or something like that) to pick up a few things this weekend. I got a couple of graphic novels I'd been wanting (the latest volume of Trigun Maximum and a Batman collection about the death of Jason Todd, Robin #2) and we also picked up the new Tom Waits collection, Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers, and Bastards. The Tom Waits collection is freakin' fantastic, as were the two comic books.

Played a heckuva mess of Final Fantasy XII this weekend. I'm finally starting to get the hang of it, though the Clan Mission Hunts are still kicking my ass most every time (good thing they're only side quests). Fact is, I think I may be going to play some more after I finish typing this.

Oh, who am I kidding? Of course I'll be playing some more after I type this.

Why the hell am I still typing?

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Tom Waits, "2:19"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're shackin' up with his daughter and he still likes you? I smell an ambush.

Also, Jason Todd isn't dead.

Not anymore, anyway.

Chuck Cottrell said...

Admittedly, as of Sunday afternoon, her folks still didn't know we'd got an apartment together. Granted, it seems pretty inevitable, and she lived with her previous fiance for quite awhile as well. That's not really going to be an issue, I don't think.

I thought that Jason Todd was still dead, that the "Jason Todd" in Hush was not Jason Todd at all. Has he come back since then and I'm just not aware of it?

Anonymous said...

Yeah. That Hush Jason Todd wasn't him, but he came back for real during the events surrounding Infinite Crisis, or, as I like to call it, The Return of '90s Angst Part II.

Anonymous said...

you played instead of drawing, didn't you, clown?