Thursday, July 06, 2006

"Oh no, it's a Gundam! Blargle argh *death*"

Recap o' the past week:

Friday: Spamalot totally rocked. The guy playing King Arthur totally sounded like Eddie Izzard, which ain't no bad thing. The after party--which involved the drinking of an absolutely gigantic bottle of Asti (mostly by Tim) and the consumption of pizza while watching Danger Mouse--was definite good times.

Saturday: Spent the morning helping Cris move. We got everything loaded into the trailer in about two hours, which isn't that bad. There was some hanging out with Michelle as well, which is just sorta the order of the day (there's a fancy French way to say that which I can't remember how to spell).

Sunday: The events surrounding the funeral for my student took up most of the day. The service was simple and heartfelt, with speeches by some of the people who knew him (including our principal). After the burial, some of the other teachers and I went out for lunch and basically comforted one another all afternoon. Sunday night was spent hanging with Michelle (are you sensing a pattern here yet?).

Monday: I can't for the life of me remember what the hell I did on Monday. I know I spent the evening hanging out with Michelle, but that's sorta a given, y'know? I think this was the evening we were over at Lauren's, but I can't say for certain. Fawlty Towers and Count Duckula were watched, and much laughter was had. God bless the British.

Tuesday: Fourth of July. Woke up early and participated in a parade for the City of Fairfax. We carried large balloons. I got in lots of good walking. It was freakin' hot. I spent the evening hanging out with Michelle.

Wednesday: Summer school finally started. Day was a little strange, what with a couple of students acting a little too wild and some of our plans falling through due to weather. Hung out with Michelle and Lauren.

Thursday: More summer school. We took a trip to the National Zoo, which was cool (except that our purpose for being there--a reptile show--was cancelled). After school, I went to Target, purchased a bookcase, and put it together. I feel all handy and manly now.

Tomorrow is finally Friday, the end of the first week of summer school. I'm fairly certain there'll be some hanging out with Michelle at some point, barring some sort of unforeseen problem. On Saturday, we're helping her sister move from Richmond to Fairfax (yeah, I'm a sucker for helping people move).

Anyway, that's been the week. I'm pretty tired, though I think that's in large part because I haven't been going to bed early enough and having to wake up much too early. Blarg.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Johnny Cash, "Delia's Gone"

No comments: