Monday, July 17, 2006

"If I Get My Hands On A Dollar Again"

So I figured up--based on my pay scale and the number of days I'll work in August and everything--that I'll have just enough money in September from my August paycheck to pay rent and car insurance. I just hope I don't have to drive anywhere or buy anything, 'cause I won't have the money for it.

It's frustrating, really. I thought working summer school would fix my financial issues for the summer, but I was wrong. Small paychecks (like June's. We worked about 3/4 of the month. Shouldn't they just go ahead and pay us for the full month?) really hurt me at a time when I couldn't afford to have small paychecks, and the next couple for summer school aren't going to be better.

What would've been real nice was if I'd had my pay schedule set up for 12 months instead of 10 months. My monthly paycheck wouldn't have been as large, but I'd have probably not spent as much money (and I'd definitely have enough money during the summer).

Ah well. No use getting upset about it now. My main goal at this point is to find a way to supplement my income somehow. My professor mentioned (half-jokingly) that she would pay me to proofread and edit her doctoral dissertation; I may actually take her up on it. Hey, extra money for doing what I'm good at is always welcome.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Butch Walker, "Ooh Ahh"

No comments: