Saturday, July 29, 2006

"Got A Bomb In My Temple"

I have the headache to end all headaches. It's the Ur-headache, the headache of which all others are mere shadowy imitations. It's been tough doing anything other than sit here and not do anything all day.

I also had the weirdest dream last night. I was driving through Shawnee down Kickapoo Street, only I was going way too fast. I kept running red lights and actually rear-ended a couple of cars. It didn't matter how hard I put on the breaks, I couldn't stop. I woke up with every muscle in my body tensed and aching. I think it's probably just a manifestation of my concerns about going home. I had no control over what happened with my parents a year ago (the whole separation thing started right after I left home), sorta like I had no control over the car in my dream. The whole thing with my folks still seems unreal to me, to be honest.

Spent last night hanging out with Michelle, Lauren, and Chad. I made the Bitchstick 4000 for Lauren. It's a cardboard tube useful for beating up jackass roommates, former significant others, and anyone who annoys you. It was originally designed for ending world hunger, but this seems like a good use for it, too.

I'm gonna go shower. Maybe that'll help loosen me up and relieve the ache.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Elliott Smith, "Somebody That I Used to Know"

No comments: