Thursday, July 20, 2006

Of note:

Butch Walker, like Adam Duritz before him, wants to be Bob Dylan...or at least keep everyone guessing at what each album will sound like. I rather envy Emily for getting the chance to chat with the guy, he sounds really down-to-earth and interesting.

Early Flaming Lips sounds to me like Syd Barrett fronting a punk band.

I spent most of my afternoon floating in the Lazy River thingie at Splashdown Water Park in Manassas. I kept telling myself the whole time, "man, I can't believe I'm getting paid for this."

The check my father sent me to help pay for my plane ticket home arrived today. To my surprise, it's for the entire cost of the plane ticket. This is a fantastic boon and a stroke of luck for me. I might be able to make it through September after all.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, "Southern Accent"

No comments: