Tuesday, July 18, 2006

"All Boxed In"

Interesting tidbits of the day:

I finished another graduate education course today. I'm fairly certain I got an A for the class, which is shiny. I also picked up a side job as proofreader/editor for my professor's doctoral dissertation (compensation to be determined when she actually starts giving me chapters of the thing to look at). Apparently those three years of working the Writing Center are paying off even after I get out of Oklahoma. She's also maybe gonna hook me up with the GMU writing center for some part time editing shennanigans. As my uncle's old band the Regular Joes were fond of saying, "every little bit helps."

Speaking of Oklahoma, three of CNN's Top 100 American Cities to Live in are Okies. Norman, Edmond, and Broken Arrow all made the list. Now, I can understand Norman the nifty college town and Edmond the upscale yuppie farm, but Broken Arrow? I wasn't aware there was anything out there. There wasn't the last time I visited about ten years ago, at any rate.

Today is my uncle's birthday. He's all old and stuff. But he still rocks out better than you do.

Next Tuesday is my girlfriend's birthday. She is significantly cooler than you, and I get to date her and you don't. I also have a couple of coolest birthday presents ever lined up for her, 'cause she deserves it. Next Tuesday also marks the release of the new Tom Petty CD. I will be purchasing said CD regardless of the state of my finances. I don't care if I have to sell someone's kidney to get that album. It shall be mine.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Golden Smog, "Strangers"

No comments: