Thursday, June 29, 2006

"If My Heart Could Do The Thinking"

Saw Superman Returns last night with Michelle. Easily beats out any other comic book flicks that've come out in the past year (well, except maybe Batman Begins). They even managed to include (1) a goody-two-shoes character who doesn't annoy the hell out of you with his virtue and (2) a little kid who isn't cutesy or annoying. Kevin Spacey totally stole any scene he was in. Period. The references to the old Christopher Reeve flicks--the title credits, using old Marlon Brando dialogue, having Superman do the little fly out around the Earth at the end--were fantastic, as were the nods to other Superman-related bits (having the picture of him holding up the car in homage to Action Comics #1: pure freakin' genius).

The funeral service for that student who passed away is this Sunday. It'll be a strange moment, to be sure, but it'll give us some closure.

I have a bunch of errands to run tomorrow, including going to Springfield to get my paycheck and talk with my boss about some stuff, help Wendy load some things into her truck, and go see Spamalot up in DC with Wen, Tim, Meg, and Bob (whoa, everyone has three-letter names or nicknames there. I guess I'll have to be Chu now). Saturday is the day I'm helping Cris move out of her apartment in Fredericksburg. Whether this will require driving all the way to Harrisonburg as well remains to be seen. I should actually go call her about that right now.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Th' Legendary Shack*Shakers, "No Such Thing"

1 comment:

Ali said...

um, only one problem, Chuck....
I'll be in Texas not DC this weekend....

Bob-o :0)