Monday, June 26, 2006

"One Step Up And Two Steps Back"

I spent most of the afternoon cleaning my room (especially the closet) and listening to Bruce Springsteen's "One Step Up" over and over on repeat. I can't seem to get tired of this song, even after three or four hours of listening to it. I also learned to play it just 'cause I like it so much, bringing the number of Springsteen tunes I can play relatively well up to about six or seven; still nowhere near the Dylan count, but it's hard for me to rival the number of Dylan tunes I can play.

Our trend of nasty thunderstorms has continued virtually upabated the past few days. It stormed heavy yesterday and is scheduled to tonight. To top it off, apparently the city of Washington, DC, is kinda halfway underwater. I guess there are potential problems with building a city in a swamp? I'm as surprised as you guys are, seriously.

Michelle had me try sushi and watch the movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind yesterday. I can honestly I say I enjoyed the flick, though the food was not really to my liking. But hey, I've at least tried it, y'know?

Anyway, I'm gonna go shower now. Cleaning is sweat-inducing work, apparently.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bruce Springsteen, "One Step Up"

2 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

Didn't Chris go through the same thing with Gollum's Song from The Two Towers?

Chuck Cottrell said...

I think so. I know JP did with that System of a Down song, "Toxicity," my senior year.

I never wanted to kill her except for that three-month period where she played that song for a couple of hours every day.