Monday, February 26, 2007

"Your Famous Blue Raincoat"

So the week since our trip to New York City has been a busy one. Getting the students back on track after 6 1/2 days off was tricky, but I pulled it off...just in time to go on a school ski trip Thursday and Friday. The ski trip itself was quite fun; I haven't been skiing since I was a freshman in high school (way back in the Spring of 1995), but I was surprised at how quickly it all came back to me.

Granted, going down that black diamond run at the end was still a stupid decision, but I like to think that the five years it shaved off my life expectancy were probably gonna be boring years anyway.

We also went tubing during the trip, and honestly I think we all enjoyed that more than the actual skiing. There's something about linking up a half dozen tubes and sliding down a hill at 30 or so miles per hour that's just a hell of a lot of fun.

Saturday and Sunday were days spent hanging out with friends. Lauren, her brother Evan, and Chad came over Saturday evening for food and general merriment. Lauren ended up crashing on the couch, only to discover upon waking Sunday morning that it'd snowed four or five inches and she was stuck with us for awhile (she eventually got out around mid-afternoon). I ended up spending a good part of the early afternoon shoveling snow so we could all get to our cars. So between the skiing and the shoveling, I definitely got my exercise in for the past few days.

The snow also caused a two-hour delayed opening this morning for school, so I don't have to be at work for another couple of hours. This works out well, since we have to get new parking passes for our cars here at the apartment complex. I'm going to go do that before I head to work.

Tomorrow's the last day of another damn education course. I'll be glad to see the back of this one. Haven't really learned much of use from it, to be honest. Of course, that's not a huge deviation from all the rest of these courses so far.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan and the Band, "This Wheel's On Fire"

No comments: