Sunday, February 04, 2007

"The Earth Died Screaming"

We've been without internet at the apartment all week. I managed to get the cable modem working again this afternoon after I moved the desk and computer into the spare room (now known as "The Office") today. We were originally going to have my dad bring out my old bed to put in here so as to create a guest bedroom, but we're now thinking of just getting a futon to put in here (my bed wouldn't fit in here, especially not with a desk). So I might see about just having dad sell the old bed instead.

Michelle's got a couple of great job prospects lined up. Hopefully she'll hear from them within the next few days and have a new job by the end of the week. That would be groovy.

We did a David Thewlis Hall of Shame movie night last night at Chad's. The new version of The Omen (in which he plays a photographer who can apparently take pictures of individuals related to the plot and see in the pictures how those individuals will die) was painful, and Dragonheart wasn't nearly as cool as my 15 year old self remembered it.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The White Stripes, "Girl, You Have No Faith In Medicine"

2 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

I hadn't seen Dragonheart until this past summer. I was wondering what all the fuss was about. Still, Sean Connery is good.

Mostly, because he's Sean Connery.

Chuck Cottrell said...

We have a theory that Sean Connery is simply himself in any film.

Take Highlander, for instance. He's supposed to be a Spaniard, but he still sounds and acts...well, just like Sean Connery. He doesn't even try to pretend he's not Scottish.